Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Epic's Mark Rein "Blown Away" by 50 Cent: BotS Graphics

As we can't help ourselves but enjoy every second of information released regarding the upcoming gansta desert shooter gangsertooter 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, CVG has a piece up retracing some incredible words Mark Rein, Epic VP, said back in November about a then-unannounced game in development using his comany's engine, Unreal Engine 3:

"I went to see the Swordfish [ed. BotS developers] guys and they haven't announced their game, but they're using Unreal Engine 3 and it's fantastic...I was blown away and I said to them, 'wow, you've got a really great team there.'"

Graphics mean a lot and I suppose it could look quite good...but, er, I mean, yeah? We're taking this one seriously? The new fitty game? Alright, I'll walk that road. But "blown away?" Serious words from a man who quite honestly is in a position to put meaning behind them. For now, keep your ear to the ground and your eye to the sky -- clearly the apocalypse is nigh!

No comments: