Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Gears of War 2 (Not Surprisingly) Confirmed

And the keynote is over. Thank you livebloggers for keeping our thirst for knowledge immediately, undeniably quenched. Though early on in the presentation, Epic's own Michael Katz (that's the president, b!) was brought out to show off the latest updates to their Unreal Engine, notoriously Calvin-esqu Cliff Blezinski (Cliffy B, b!) ran out all last minute and says to everyone, "Gears 2 in November 2008, only on Xbox 360." Wooooo! My head just frackin' exploded!

Okay, I don't get down with Gears like the next human, but hopefully they'll expand upon some of the things that made people love the first one. I just hope they think of something better than endless gratuitous profanity with regards to dialog, and more of a sense with regards to hit detection than just the feeling like you're shooting a bullet absorbing sponge. Oh, and if I get caught on another goddamn edge, I'm flying to North Carolina just to punch someone in the genitals. I kiiiiiid! I kiiiiiid!

No comments: