Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Barbie Dream Bathroom Comes to Life


I came across this "Ultimate Ladies' Room" contest on Game|Life, and my immediate thought, right after "that's a shit-ton of pink," was, "why would I need so much stuff in the bathroom?" I can understand the TV, and the towel warmer does sound rather cool, but a fridge? Eating in the bathroom doesn't sound very sanitary, or appetizing. What makes this game-related is the Nintendo Wii that's included. How long am I going to be in the bathroom, anyway? Apparently long enough to collect some stars in Super Mario Galaxy, give myself a foot wash and a pedicure (!), have a snack and dry my hair, all while listening to my iPod and browsing the Internet. And if it takes me so long to do my dirty sinful business, I can just watch TV or read a magazine. Such choices!

I'm curious why they have the Wii and not something more logical, like a DS or a PSP. I guess there's something giggle-worthy about playing on the Wii while taking a wee, but it makes more sense to have something that you can take from the bathroom and continue playing once you're done answering nature's call.

No comments: